Northport – East Northport Schools Retirement Parties
Click on the dates to download the PDF RSPV Forms
- May 30 — Bellerose Avenue Elementary School at Seven Quarts Tavern
- June 6 — Ocean Avenue Elementary School at The Northport Yacht Club
- June 6 — Northport Middle School at the Hamlet
Monday, June 3rd
R-UTN Spring Lunch with NYSUT Retiree Council 23
Three Village Inn in Stony Brook
12:00 Noon to 3:00 p.m.
Honoring R-UTN Member Teddy Emanuel.
Teddy retired as an Elementary/Middle school teacher and is a member of the R-UTN Executive Board. She is being awarded this year’s NYSUT Community Service Award for her work with CAPS (Child Abuse Prevention Services). NYSUT will honor Teddy and present her award at this joint luncheon on Monday June 3rd. The Annual Spring R-UTN Luncheon is being held in conjunction with the Retiree Council 23 Luncheon to honor Teddy.
We encourage as many of our colleagues as possible to plan on attending the luncheon to honor Teddy. To make your reservation, print the attached PDF RSVP Form and send it, with your check for $28 payable to RC 23, to Joyce Duck,6 Lily Pond Lane, Eastport NY 11941.
On behalf of CAPS, Teddy has spoken to numerous school groups about identifying symptoms of abuse and the services available to aid abused children. She has also developed curriculum and presented training sessions for teachers and parents on identifying and dealing with bullying.
Dates to Save – Additional Information Coming
- June 3, NYSUT Retiree Council 23 Luncheon — R-UTN member Teddy Emmanuel is to be honored for receiving the NYSUT Community Service Award for her work with Child Abuse Prevention Services, or CAPS.
- June 14, United Teachers of Northport Retirement Party at the Harbor View.
- September 10, R-UTN Annual Picnic at the Vanderbilt Museum in Centerport.
R-UTN members are invited to the UTN office, 166 Laurel Rd # 207, on Thursday, December 13 from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. to celebrate the holidays and to say goodbye to the old office … yes they are moving to a new office soon.
We will also be collecting donations for a food pantry, so please bring a can of food when you come to the party.
Township Theatre Group’s Touring Company Schedule
- October 14, 2:30 pm South Huntington Library
- October 21, 2:00 pm Half Hollow Hills Library
- October 28, 2:30 pm Lindenhurst Library
- November 4, 2:00 pm Northport Library
- November 18, 2:00 pm Deer Park Library
- December 1, 2:00 pm Smithtown Library
- December 9, 1:30 pm Harborfields Library
- December 16, 2:30 pm Commack Library
Programs are free, but it is recommended that you check with the libraries as reservations may be needed.